What are they thinking?

I am not surprised that a local clothing store is going out of business. It is called Hostyle. Seriously.

Now, maybe it is intended to be "hos-tyle", which has its problems, but I really think it is "ho-style". And there are about 70 young people lined up outside its doors, being let in one at a time, to buy the marked-down goods inside. Apparently there weren't enough customers to keep the store open at regular prices, but it's now cheap enough to get them blocking the sidewalks of Water Street. To buy discounted footwear and t-shirts from Hostyle.

If what we wear and where we buy it tells people something about us, then these kids are saying something they might not intend. It would be bad enough if they were paying full price, but to wait until it's as cheap as possible, well, let's just say that in the movies, the high-end call girl is usually seen more positively than the run-of-the-mill streetwalker.

Comments

Heather Smith said…
Ho-style - hysterical!!!!!

I do wish I could comment on your roaming thoughts. "Cold...I've never been so cold..."

Popular posts from this blog

Two books you should read. Now. Go out and get them. I'll wait.

An appeal to my better nature

What if she hadn't sung?