Dust in the wind

Much, much dust in the wind around Doha these days. There have been high winds blowing from the interior of the country for the last couple of days, and this has kicked up a lot of sand and dust, and it is expected to continue for three more days. You can feel the grit in your mouth when you walk outside, and even inside. As I write this at my desk near the front door of my villa, I can see dusty trails on the floor where the wind has found it way in through the gaps in the door frame.

Temperatures are down too. At 7:30 this morning it was 14 degrees (that's Celsius), pretty cool for this time of year. Coupled with a sand storm, well that's pretty miserable.

Misery is, of course, a relative thing. When my daughter Stephanie and her friends bundle up for this weather they put on a hoodie or a windbreaker. Getting ready to drive to work requires windshield washer, and clearing a path to the car means hard work:

Looks like I'll have to break out the broom in a day or two...

Comments

Anonymous said…
I must say that the look on your face is more than a little smug for someone so disgruntled by the "hard" work of sweeping their way to the car. Could it be that you're actually thinking of friends and family back home actually DIGGING their way to the car???

Popular posts from this blog

Two books you should read. Now. Go out and get them. I'll wait.

An appeal to my better nature

What if she hadn't sung?